Seminar - Advanced Anatomy of Breath and Balance
The summer series of seminars is now finished. There will be dates announced for the Autumn series.
How does our overall body alignment and balance affect our vocal function? This is a more detailed look at connections and relationships throughout the body.
We will investigate the anatomy and function of the respiratory system and how the voice user manages breath flow and pressure.
- Body balance
• Gravity or Tensegrity?
• Head and neck alignment and larynx function
• Pelvis and core function
• Shoulders, ribs and the back
- Breath management
• The lungs – respiratory function and lung capacity
• Muscles of respiration – primary and accessory
• Conflict of function for these muscles
• Breathing for voice use