Seminar - Life Cycle of the Voice: Infant and Child
Wednesday 30th September 2-5pm, Tuesday 27th October 10am-1pm
This seminar will address the development of the singing voice from birth, up to the start of puberty.
In order to understand why children’s voices are different from adults’, we will look at the needs and abilities of children beginning with the newborn infant, and tracking development through childhood.
• Why teach singing to children?
• Challenging assumptions in singing teaching
• Development from birth to 6yrs
• Early musical experiences
• Musical play
• Vocal abilities and suitable repertoire for pre-school children
• Singing for ages 7-11
• Musical development including singing in tune